Thursday, May 24, 2007

Ian off to Oz




I looked forward to my first proper trip to Australia ever! Till now the most Id seen was the inside of an airport hotel in Melbourne. But I felt terrible about leaving Karen behind to move house, but the modern woman has to feel able to take on traditionally male tasks like moving house and lifting beds and tables! (Karen: Ian did actually have the choice to edit this out or take the punch in the arm). Arrived in Melbourne at 8am, couldn’t wait to see Mark and Stephan as its been 6yrs since I saw him last.

The two Aussies that I had hung out with London all those years ago hadn’t changed a bit – still Bogans with dodgy mullet hair dos. They call everyone ‘mongrels’ and randomly break into philosophical rantings, before returning to their normal Bogan selves. We downed a few VBs and went to the Aussie rules football game to see the biggest live rumble I’ve ever seen (apparently this happens in most games!). We had a great weekend, Melbourne is a lovely city (nice and warm) with a mixture of old and bold new architecture – and a great night life. I hope to post a video of Mark and Stefan doing their ‘full on treat’ moves soon.

Click here to see the video of Stefan and Mark introducing Ian to Australian culture:

No comments: